When you hear the words Social Networking, what comes to mind? Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, Linkedin etc. But since 2003 there is another player in the social networking game that generates a lot of buzz; the name of this site is Hi5. In the beginning of 2010, Hi5 acquired a gaming site called Big Six, and is raising money (in the millions) to extend their reach.
When a customer join the Hi5 network, he create a profile that includes his information, interests and he can upload pictures to create a photo album that is all his. He can also play games online and interact with other users. Just like in other social media sites, he can send his friends a friendly request to join, which can be accepted or declined. If the friend accepts the request, they are now connected in the 1st degree (direct friends). It is possible to be connected in the 2nd degree with friends of friends or in the 3rd degree with friends of friends of the direct contact. 67% of the users of Hi5 social network site are between the ages of 18 and 34.
As back as 2008, Hi5 was the third most popular social network, as far as unique visitors go.
Why didn’t you hear about it? Because Hi5 is most popular in other countries outside the United States, especially in South America. It is connected to Gmail and will send an invitation to join to all the Gmail addresses in the user’s address book.
Hi5 enables the user to express yourself, use avatars, share music, find friends, play games, give gifts, and if you so inclined, flirt on line.
Today, there are about 30 million users of Hi5, and about 200 million pages are served up every day.
With so many users worldwide the site offers innovative options and precise targeting with viral marketing techniques.
So what can Hi5 do for you as a small business owner?
– Offers unique and engaged audiences who spend on average 20 minutes a day on the site and view 50 pages per day. It is aims at young audiences that like to share and talk about what they saw.
– The site enables advertisers to target audiences based on interest, demographics, gender, language and other factors.
– A range of advertising products: Banners, media placement, games, video pre-rolls, viral promotions, contests and sweepstakes.
– It allows for homepage takeover, where the background of the sign-in page advertises your company, event of movie.
– Interaction with customers that creates viral awareness.
– You can insert ads that appear directly in conversations.
– Place video ads before online games.
– Mobile ads
– Enables you to create or sponsor an online game.
– It has standard ad units for home page, photo pages, game pages and friend’s pages.
Hi5 is another venue in social media that is able to raise awareness to you product. There are other sites that do that, but to get all the information about your possibilities, it is best to contact a consulting experts who are familiar with all the venues, like Puglisi Consulting Group (http://puglisiconsulting.com/#) and their specialty arm Visibility Acceleration (http://www.visibilityacceleration.com/) who can customize an advertising campaign that fits your budget and needs. They are experts who keep updating their knowledge with all the new methods of online advertising and visibility.